Getting Code on the Robot
Getting your code on to the robot is quite simple.
You will need to put your code on a USB drive
which will need to be formatted with either FAT32, exFAT or ext2/3/4.
Upon plugging in the drive or starting up, the robot will run the
robot.py file found in the root of the drive.
To re-run your program, simply remove the USB stick from the robot and plug it back in again and it will restart automatically.
robot.zip format previously used is no longer supported.
Code files must be directly in the root of the USB drive to be run.
- Open your code in File Explorer
- Select all of your code files (CtrlA to select all files)
- Right-click the files and click “Copy”
- Open your USB drive in File Explorer
- Right-click in the directory and click “Paste”
- Open your code in Finder
- Select all of your code files (⌘A to select all files)
- Right-click (or Control-click) the files and click “Copy”
- Open your USB drive in Finder
- Right-click in the directory and click “Paste N items”
When your program runs on the robot, the output of
print(...) statements and
any errors which occur are written to a log file on the USB stick as