This page provides details of how to ship a Student Robotics kit. Please only ship a Student Robotics kit if instructed to do so by the Kit Logistics Coordinator. If you have a kit that you need to ship to us please follow the instructions in the Packaging section. Once you have your kit packaged, or are looking to get a kit collected from us to be delivered to you, please follow the instructions in the Arranging a Courier section.
When shipping a complete kit to us it should be shipped in the white 18l Really Useful Box it was provided in. We will supply you with a return shipping pack that includes the materials necessary to safely seal up the box. Inside the box, all parts of the kit should either be placed into the jiffy bags that they were provided in (if you still have them) or wrapped in bubble wrap. The batteries must be placed inside the charging bag provided with the kit. If you suspect that any batteries are damaged then do not ship them and contact email@example.com immediately. Any remaining space in the box should be filled either with paper packaging (old Amazon parcels are a good source of this) or bubble wrap. Please do not use packing peanuts as these are messy and hard to dispose of.
Once all of the parts of the kit are safely packed into the Really Useful Box please follow the instructions provided with the return shipping pack to seal up the box.
Arranging a Courier
Arranging for a courier to collect the kit/package and deliver it can be done quickly and easily through multiple websites. The steps below outline how this is done. For the couriers listed, they will come and collect the package from the collection address you specify.
Since the kits contain lithium polymer batteries there are some restrictions around shipping. We have confirmed that the couriers listed below are happy with shipping packages containing the size and quantity of batteries provided in the kit. Step-by-step instructions for more couriers will be added to this page in due course.
- Dimensions: 48cm x 39cm x 20cm
- Weight: 6kg
- Value (for insurance): £500
- Batteries: Lithium Ion. Packed with equipment. Batteries less than 100Wh.
In all circumstances a shipment of a kit must have at least £500 worth of insurance.
- Go to https://www.interlinkdirect.co.uk/.
- Fill in the delivery and collection postcodes in the ‘Quote/Send A Parcel’ section, enter your email address and click ‘Send A Parcel Within UK’.
- Enter the dimensions and weight from the Kit Details section and click next.
- Select the ‘Next Day’ service and ‘Collection Tomorrow or later’ (please do not select ‘Collect Today’ if you are arranging for a kit to be collected from us as we need time to prepare for the courier).
- Choose ‘£500’ from the ‘Extended Liability Cover’ drop-down and click next.
- Enter the collection address. If you are arranging for a kit to be collected from us then please use the address you have been given by the Kit Logistics Coordinator. Also, if you are arranging for collection from us, please chose a collection date a couple of days in the future. Click next.
- Enter the delivery address. If you are arranging for a kit to be sent to us then please use the address you have been given by the Kit Logistics Coordinator. Set the ‘Description of Contents’ to ‘Other’ and enter ‘Robotics kit’ in the ‘Description (if other)’ field. Click next.
- Follow the instructions on the remaining pages to pay. Please double check all of the information on the ‘Shipping Confirmation’ page before paying.
- You will now receive a shipping label. If you are arranging for a kit to be collected from us then please email this to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately. If you are sending a kit to us, please attach the shipping label to the package. If you’re getting the package collected from a school, please ensure that you leave it with the reception desk and that they are aware it is being collected.