HobbyKing HKE4 Chargers
Some kits will contain a black HobbyKing HKE4 charger. This charger is simpler and easier to use than the iMAX B6 charger, while retaining all of the functionality required for charging the batteries supplied with the kit. The charging lead is cable-tied to the charger and you must not remove this cable. The charging lead is terminated with 4mm bullet connectors, which present a very high risk of shorting the battery if removed from the charger.
These instructions must be followed every time a battery is charged.
- Plug in the mains adapter into the mains.
- Plug the mains adaptor power lead into the battery charger.
- Plug the charging lead and the main battery power lead together. Never, under any circumstances, remove the charging lead from the charger.
- Plug the balance lead from the battery into the charger.
- Place the battery in the charging bag.
- Turn the charge current knob to 2.2A (12 o’clock position).
- Press the Start/Stop button to begin charging.
The charging process should take no longer than 1.5 hours. Once it has finished, three of the four LEDs will glow constantly green and the charger will beep for fifteen seconds. You must then:
- Unplug the balance lead.
- Unplug the battery from the charging lead, do not unplug the charging lead from the charger.
- Unplug the charger from the mains.
Generally, the battery does not have to be charged to 100% every time you want to use it. However, before storing the battery for longer periods of time, it is best to charge it to approximately 70% because storing it with 100% charge puts stress on the battery, reducing its life.