If you are experiencing problems with either the Student Robotics hardware, IDE or python library you should check here first to see if there is a simple solution. If you don’t find the information you need in this section you can use the forum to get help with your specific problem.
sr.robotpython library issues — Common problems with the
sr.robotpython library and possible solutions.
- Interactive Troubleshooter — Consider using the Interactive Troubleshooter to narrow down your problem and find a solution.
- Simplify the task
- By reducing the complexity of whatever you’re trying to do, the chances
that you’ve overlooked something are smaller. It also allows you to rule
out a collection of things which could be causing the issue and makes
the system easier to understand.
In turn, that means that if you do need to get help from someone else you don’t need to spend a long time explaining what’s going on.
- Explain it to someone else
- By explaining the system to someone else, even (and for some reason
especially) an inanimate object,
you’re forced to think about each piece of the system and describe
what it does and how it works.
This often leads you to realise which part of the system isn’t working, without any actual input from the other person.
- Check the log file for errors
- If your program has an error in it, it will stop running or not run at all. Check the log file either through the robot WiFi interface or look at the log file on the USB stick to see any error reports.
- Print all the things
- Check the docs
- It’s very easy to end up thinking that you know how something works and then forget something out of familiarity.